Carr Mount Tipi Venue – Terms and Conditions
All bookings, however made, are accepted by Carr Mount Estate Ltd (CME), on the following terms and conditions:
- The client is the named individual on the deposit invoice and is responsible for signing the invoice and terms and conditions.
- The booking, this refers to the entire duration the client has booked any part of Carr Mount Estate.
- The event, this refers to the main social or business activity, this may be 1 or more days.
- The premises include the holiday cottages, all Tipis and tents or marquees and all other buildings and grounds at Carr Mount Estate, Not including Carr Mount (main house)
- The client will have exclusive use of the premises for the period of the booking which is usually 3 nights/2 days, if part of Carr Mount Estate has been booked by the client for an extended period i.e. one or more cottages, then the period outside of the 2 days/3 nights may not be exclusive as we may have other guests on site
- Arrival to the cottages is 4pm and departure is 9.30am unless otherwise arranged with Carr Mount Estate
- For the period of the booking the client will be responsible for the premises and will be expected to ensure all guests take all reasonable care
Booking and Payment
- Provisional bookings are held for 10 days only, during which time the deposit must be paid to secure the booking.
- The deposit is non-refundable and is 25% of the basic cost due. The final balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to the event date, if payment has not been received by 8 weeks prior to the event date Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- Additional cleaning and maintenance fees of £50+VAT per hour per member of staff charged in 1 hour increments will be charged to the client if the premises are deemed to be left in an unsatisfactory condition.
- Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to bill any items missing from the inventory at the end booking.
- Prices include VAT and as such are subject to change.
- Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to alter our terms and conditions without prior notification.
- Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment conditions have not been satisfied. Signing the terms and conditions confirms your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to cancel the booking in the event of the premises being rendered unusable for reasons outside our control (see Force Majeure). In such circumstances our liability to the client will be limited to the extent of any payments already received by Carr Mount Estate without interest.
- If the booking is cancelled by the client the deposit is non-refundable or useable against another booking.
- Transfer of the booking date, this may be possible but completely at the discretion of Carr Mount Estate, date transfers will be subject to administration charges and any costs incurred by Carr Mount Estate will be charged to the client.
- If cancellation by the client occurs within 8 weeks of the event date the final balance may be refunded in part or full if Carr Mount Estate successfully re lets part or all of the package but this is at our total discretion.
- If the client cancels within 8 weeks of the event date without the final balance being paid to Carr Mount Estate, the final balance will still be charged in full.
- Cancellations must be in writing or via email and must be confirmed by Carr Mount Estate in writing or via email.
- All outside service providers e.g. caterers, Live music, DJ’s, bars etc. must have their own Public Liability insurance cover of £5,000,000, Carr Mount Estate will need to be provided with proof of insurance and will not allow outside service providers to the event if proof has not been provided or is in question
- Damage Waiver insurance covering the Tipis, flooring, fire pit, dance floor or any other product supplied directly by Carr Mount Estate is included. This means Carr Mount Estate is responsible for loss or damage to the Tipis or products supplied directly by Carr Mount Estate whilst in the care of the client; except where:
- Any loss or damage is caused by the clients negligence or legal liability, or any loss or damage is caused by the clients failure to comply with arrangements agreed with Carr Mount Estate.
- The client will be responsible and therefore charged for any damage to any part of the premises or any product supplied directly by Carr Mount Estate that is caused by intentional misuse or abuse.
- Carr Mount Estate does not offer event insurance, Carr Mount Estate strongly recommends clients take out their own event insurance policy.
- Carr Mount Estate will not be held responsible for any third party costs or cancellation charges e.g. caterers, bars, photographers or bands incurred due to the event being altered or cancelled due to circumstances outside our control, this may include but not limited to; adverse weather conditions (at the event or leading up to the event), epidemics/pandemics, staff illness, vehicle breakdowns, fire, flooding or any change in government legislation governing any part of the event.
- If the booking is cancelled due to factors outside of Carr Mount Estate’s control our liability to the client will be to the extent of any payments already received by Carr Mount Estate without interest.
Music & Fire Pit
- The fire pit must be used only by someone who is competent in doing so. There must be no cooking of any sort on the fire pit. Only smokeless fuel provided by Carr Mount Estate may be used on the fire pit.
- All appropriate smoke hoods must be opened before the fire pit is lit, and only closed when the fire is completely extinguished.
- All live music, amplified music and DJ’s must play or be played at a responsible volume and must remain within the terms of the event license.
- All live or amplified music will cease to be played at the pre specified time on the event license, this is usually midnight on the day of the event and 9pm on any other day.
- Any music not conforming to the above will be disconnected immediately.
- Use of the fire pit must cease at the same point as any music or at a time previously agreed with Carr Mount Estate.
Cooking and Heating Apparatus
- Only approved catering ovens and equipment may be used within the Tipis. Under no circumstances can any type of BBQ including gas fuelled BBQs be used within the Tipis.
- All catering equipment must be a minimum of 600mm away from any part of the Tipi.
- Candles and any other form of naked flame are not permitted in the Tipis without prior agreement from Carr Mount Estate.
- Only heaters provided by or approved by Carr Mount Estate may be used within the Tipis
- Any damage caused from not complying with any of the above will be deemed as intentional misuse and abuse.
Difficult Event Guests
- Any additional costs incurred i.e. staff time due to difficult guests will be charged accordingly, this will include but not limited to dealing with upset neighbours, the council, police or fire authority. Any errands performed by staff of Carr Mount Estate which we deem above and beyond what is expected by us, such costs will be charged at £50+VAT per hour per member of staffed and billed in 1 hour increments.
Dogs attending the Event
- Only well behaved dogs staying in our holiday cottages are allowed on site at any time for the duration of the booking, with exception of guide dogs or assistance dogs.
- Dogs must be supervised at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs on any part of the premises.
- Dogs are not permitted to stay in the Byre, with the exception of guide dogs or assistance dogs.
Event Set Up
- Carr Mount Estate undertakes to liaise with all outside suppliers and providers to ensure efficient set up and to achieve integration of services.
- Suppliers, clients and guests will have access to the premises (not including the holiday cottages) from 10am on the day of arrival, permission may be granted to access the premises prior to this but this is at the discretion of Carr Mount Estate.
- If the client has booked part of the premises i.e. 1 or more of the holiday cottages for a longer duration than the 3 nights exclusive use, access for suppliers and guests must be arranged with Carr Mount Estate prior to their arrival, Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to deny access to the premises to any person or company not staying in our holiday cottages until the clients exclusive use period starts.
Event Pack Up
- All suppliers and guests must have packed away and removed all their property from the premises by 11am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with Carr Mount Estate.
Confetti, Fireworks and Sky Lanterns
- All confetti must be bio-degradable- e.g. flower petals or rice paper.
- Fireworks are only permitted with at least 28 days prior written agreement and only as agreed in terms of time and location.
- Firework displays can only be performed by accredited, licensed companies with suitable public liability insurance.
- Sky lanterns are not permitted.
- Older guests or guests with mobility issues are welcome and we ask the client to discuss their needs prior to the event.
- The client is responsible for the behaviour of their guests at all times, inappropriate behaviour may result in the event being stopped early or cancelled.
- The client shall pay for any loss or damage to the premises, or to any fixtures, fittings or equipment, which are damaged by the client or guests. This includes accidental removal of our property by the client or their guests. Such items must be returned or paid for.
- Carr Mount Estate insists that no pins, staples, nails, screws, glue or any other product which may cause damage to the Tipis or any other part of the premises be used in the decoration of the Tipis or premises.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that any guest, family member or third party supplier is made aware of the above.
- Non-compliance to the above 2 points would be deemed as intentional misuse and abuse.
- Flowers and decorations can be secured to the beams in the Tipis or fences, trees etc. by means of string, cable ties or ribbons.
- Carr Mount Estate reserve the right to charge additional fees if specialist cleaning is required due to soiling, vandalism or other misuse of any part of the premises.
Alcohol and Corkage
- Carr Mount Estate permits clients to supply their own alcohol to an event, we do not charge corkage.
- Should the client wish to have a paid bar the specifics and associated terms will be agreed with both the Bar company and Carr Mount Estate prior to the event.
- Carr Mount Estate insists that alcohol is consumed responsibly and within accordance of the event license at all times.
- Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to remove inebriated guests.
Waste and Recycling
- Carr Mount Estate provides waste disposal, however we insist on fair use of this facility and ask suppliers and guests to discuss with Carr Mount Estate if they anticipate large volumes of waste to be created by the event.
- Carr Mount Estate will not under any circumstances dispose of toxic or hazardous waste such as but not limited to; cooking oils, gas canisters, medical waste, and batteries.
- It is the responsibility of all clients, guests and suppliers to clear away their waste after the event, if help is needed this must be arranged before the event and agreed with Carr Mount Estate, Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to charge for excessive clear up, this will be charged at £50+VAT per member of staff per hour, billed in 1 hour increments.
Accommodation Properties – The Barn, Cottage and Byre
- If on arrival, the client or suppliers find any damaged or defective items these must be reported to Carr Mount Estate immediately so matters can be rectified. Carr Mount Estate has the right to enter any part of the premises including the holiday cottages to assess and repair damage or faults.
- Breakages should be reported to Carr Mount Estate as soon as possible, Carr Mount Estate reserve the right to charge for any damaged items, which shall be payable on demand. Carr Mount Estate will not normally charge for minor damage or breakage but may do so in the event of extra cleaning or where damage or breakage is beyond what would be reasonably expected.
- Smoking is not permitted in any CME Property including but not limited to the holiday cottages, Tipis, buildings of any kind.
- Dogs are not permitted on the furniture in the properties or Tipis, dogs are not permitted upstairs in the holiday cottages, dogs must not be left unattended at any time including being left in the holiday cottages.
- The number of guests to the event will be agreed prior to the event, this number must not be exceeded, Carr Mount Estate reserves the right to deny admittance to additional guests if the agreed number has already been met.
- Each property has a maximum guest number, these are as follows; The Barn 6 guests, The Cottage 4 guests, The Byre 2 guests, under no circumstance must these numbers be exceeded.
- Guests details for all guests staying at Carr Mount Estate will need to be provided prior to the booking or on the day of arrival.
- Children are not permitted to stay in The Byre.
- Due to the size and natural environment of the premises (ditches, woodland etc.) children must be supervised at all times.
- Care must be taken as paths, walkways, bridges and steps etc. may be slippery especially when wet.
- Carr Mount Estate can accept no responsibility whatsoever for guests’ possessions and personal injuries sustained through the use of the premises.
- The client accepts full responsibility for guests including children and pets at all times.
- If the client is dissatisfied with the service and/or facilities or products provided by Carr Mount Estate, Carr Mount Estate must be notified immediately so the situation can be assessed and any necessary action taken. In no circumstances can compensation be made for complaints that are made after the booking period has ended, or where Carr Mount Estate has been denied the opportunity to rectify matters during the booking.
- In all cases English law prevails.