Carr Mount Tipi Venue – Terms and Conditions
All bookings, however made, are accepted by Carr Mount Estate Ltd (CME), on the following terms and conditions:
- The client is the named person on any invoice and is responsible for payment.
- The premises include the Holiday Cottages, all Tipis and Tents and all other buildings and grounds at Carr Mount Estate.
- The client will have exclusive use of the premises for the period of the booking, which will normally be 3 days (7pm on the day of arrival to 9am on the day of departure).
- For the period of the booking the client will be responsible for the properties and will be expected to ensure all guests take all reasonable care.
Booking and Payment
- The deposit is non-returnable and is 25% of the basic cost due. The balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to the arrival day. If payment is not received by 8 weeks prior to arrival CME reserve the right to cancel the event.
- A £250 cleaning deposit will be required, this will be included in your quotation and payed via deposit and balance invoices. CME reserves the right to withhold this fee in full or partially if any part of CME (including the holiday cottages) is left in an unsatisfactory condition.
- Any additional costs will be payable as agreed leading up to the event and must be paid on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
- CME reserves the right to bill any items missed from the final account at a later date.
- Our preferred method of payment is via Bank transfer - Details:- Sort Code 18-00-02; Account Number 05471427. Cheques should be made payable to Carr Mount Estate Ltd.
- Prices include Vat and as such are subject to change.
- CME reserves the right to alter our terms and conditions without prior notification
- CME reserves the right to cancel the event if payment conditions are not satisfied. Receipt of the booking deposit confirms your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- CME reserves the right to cancel the event in the event of the premises being rendered unusable for reasons outside of our control. In such circumstances our liability to the client will be limited to the extent of any payments already received by CME without interest.
- If an event is cancelled by the client, the deposit is non-returnable or useable against any other booking.
- If cancellation by the client occurs within 8 weeks of the event, CME will normally, but at our total discretion, refund the cost of any part of the booking (i.e. any Holiday Cottage or Tipi) less the deposit, subject to that part of the booking having been re-let.
- Cancellations must be in writing or via email and must be confirmed by CME in writing or via email.
- ⦁ If an event is reduced in size by the client no refund will be made, and the full balance will still apply. If the event is increased in size our normal rates will apply.
- All outside service providers, e.g. Caterers, Live Music, Bar etc. must have their own Public Liability cover of £5 million for the event to go ahead. Proof will be required.
- Damage Waiver Insurance covering the tipis, flooring, fire pit, dance floor and any other product supplied directly by CMT is provided at the sum of 5% of the hire total. This means CMT is responsible for loss or damage to the Tipis and/equipment supplied by CMT whilst in the care of the client; except where:
- Any loss or damage is caused by the client’s negligence or legal liability, or any loss or damage is caused by the client’s failure to comply with any arrangements agreed with CMT
- CME recommend the client takes out wedding/event insurance to cover against the usual risks but point out that a change of mind will not be deemed as sufficient reason for insurance purposes.
Music & Fire Pit
- The Fire Pit must only be used by someone competent in doing so. There must be no cooking of any sort on the Fire Pit. Only smokeless fuel provided by CME can be used.
- The appropriate smoke flaps must be opened before the Fire Pit is lit; this smoke flap must not be closed until the Fire Pit is completely out.
- All live music/DJs etc., must be played at a reasonable volume and must remain within the terms of the Special Events licence as arranged and to minimize nuisance to our neighbours.
- Any amplified music playing after this time will be disconnected immediately.
- Use of the Fire Pit must cease at the same time as any music or as previously agreed with CME.
- CME reserve the right to stop music and the use of the Fire pit at any time in the event of unreasonable behaviour
Cooking and Heating Apparatus
- Only approved catering ovens/equipment can be used in the Tipis. Under no circumstances can any form of BBQ (including gas fuelled BBQ) or other equipment using a naked flame be used in the Tipis.
- All catering equipment must be at least 600mm away from any of, including the canvas, the Tipis.
- Only heaters provided by CME may be used inside the Tipis, any external heaters or cooking equipment must be 5m away from any part of the Tipis.
- Any damage from the above will be deemed as misuse or abuse.
Difficult Event Guests
- Any additional costs incurred, i.e. staff time incurred due to difficult guests will be charged accordingly. This will include, but not limited to, dealing with upset neighbours, the Council, staff wages, and being asked to perform late night errands by guests of any sort which are over and above our understood duties. Such costs will be charged at £50 per hour + VAT per staff member and will be billed in full hour increments.
Dogs attending the Event
Only well-behaved dogs staying in our Holiday Cottages are allowed on site at any time, with the exception of guide dogs. Any non-guide dog will not normally be allowed access to the event without prior agreement with CME.
- Dogs must be supervised at all times.
- Any accidental fouling must be removed immediately
Event Set Up
- CME undertake to liaise with all outside suppliers and providers to ensure efficient set up and to achieve integration of services.
- Suppliers, couples and guests will have access to the premises for decoration purposes etc. from 3pm on the day of arrival and as previously agreed with CME.
Confetti, Fireworks and Sky Lanterns
- All Confetti must be bio-degradable – e.g. flower petals, rice paper or dried lavender.
- Fireworks are only permitted with at least 28 days prior written agreement and only as agreed in terms of time and location. Displays must be set off by an accredited firework display company with full Public Liability etc.
- Sky Lanterns are never permitted.
Event Guests with mobility issues
- Older guests or guests with mobility issues are welcome and we ask the client to discuss any possible requirements with us.
- The client is responsible for the behaviour of all guests and inappropriate behaviour may result in the event being stopped early or cancelled.
- The client shall pay for any loss or damage to any part of the premises, or to any fixtures, fittings or equipment, which are damaged by the client or guests. This includes the accidental removal of our property by the client or guests. Such items must be returned or paid for.
- CME insist no pins, staples or piercing devices be used to secure flowers, bunting or other decoration to the Tipis. Also no wire glue, blu tack or other glues whatsoever. The client is responsible for ensuring any supplier, friend, family or guest helping to decorate are made aware of this condition. Any damage incurred in this matter will be billed for.
- Flowers and other decorations can be fixed around the beams with the use of string, cable ties, ribbons etc.
- CME reserve the right to charge additional fees if specialist cleaning is required due to soiling, vandalism or other misuse.
Alcohol and Corkage
- CME are happy for the client to provide alcohol for the event and we do not charge corkage
- Should the client wish to have a paid Bar the specifics and associated terms and conditions will be agreed at that time.
- CME asks that alcohol be consumed responsibly on the premises. The client is responsible for all guests in this respect at all times.
- CME reserve the right to remove inebriated guests
Rubbish and Recycling
- Litter, rubbish, food waste and recycling must be cleared and taken away by the suppliers.
- Unreasonable or excessive clear up will be charged to the client. CME staff are there for the final clean and tidy and help where needed; not as frontline rubbish collection and disposal.
Electric Car Charging
- CME does not permit electric car charging on any of our sites. Charging is available at Aldi Supermarket – Fairfield Way, Whitby, YO22 4PU
Accommodation Properties – The Barn, Cottage and Byre
- If, on arrival, you find any damaged or non-working items these must be reported to CME immediately so matters can be rectified. CME has the right to enter the Property to assess and carry out repairs.
- Properties, all equipment and utensils are to be left clean and tidy or CME reserve the right to make a surcharge.
- Breakages should be reported to CME as soon as possible and CME reserve the right to make a surcharge, which shall be payable on demand. CME will not normally charge for minor damage or breakage but may do so in the event of extra cleaning or where damage or breakage is beyond what would reasonably be expected. In this event CME also reserve the right to refuse further bookings.
- Smoking is not permitted in any CME Property.
- The number of guests confirmed must not be exceeded. CME reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
- The lead name agrees to take responsibility for all guests.
- CME reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are believed to be causing a nuisance to other guests or are not treating the properties with respect. Guest ate expected to maintain reasonable behaviour whilst staying at CME Properties
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome in some Properties as detailed in the Property particulars. Dogs are not permitted on furniture or upstairs. Pets must at no time be left unsupervised at the Property. Any accidental fouling must be removed immediately.
- The use of the accommodation and its associated facilities are entirely at the users’ risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury and loss or damage to users or their belongings including vehicles, motor cycles, etc. CME shall not be liable to you or any member of your party for any loss or damage to you or your property however caused.
- Due to the size and natural environment of our premises (ditches, woodland, fires etc.) children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- Care must be taken as paths, walkways, bridges, steps etc., may be uneven or slippery, especially when wet.
- CME can accept no liability whatsoever for guests’ possessions and personal injuries sustained through use of the premises.
- The client accepts full responsibility for guests and any children at all times.
- In all cases payment of the deposit invoice denotes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that all advertised amenities are available, but no liability can be accepted for any omissions.
- If the client is dissatisfied with the service and/or facilities CME must be notified immediately so the situation can be assessed, and any necessary action taken. In no circumstances can compensation be made for complaints that are made after the event and period of hire has ended, or where CME has been denied the opportunity to rectify matters during such period.
- In all cases English Law prevails